Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/03 18:28:48 UTC

AxisServlet - How does it instantiate service objects ?

I am attempting to create a low-code-required solution
to expose Session EJBs via Axis. I was hoping to make
the actual Axis cervice classes be implemented as
dynamic proxies that would direct actual invocation to
EJBRemote objects. The problem is, I think the
AxisServlet (or whichever specific class does this)
does not support classes that have private
constructors, and for my dynamic proxy, I need the
invoker to use a getInstance() method instead.

Any ideas ?

//Nicholas

=====
Nicholas Whitehead
Home: (973) 377 9335
Cell: (201) 615 2716
Work: (212) 622 5639
nwhitehe@yahoo.com

Re: AxisServlet - How does it instantiate service objects ?

Posted by Gene Chuang <ge...@yahoo.com>.
I don't know if its possible for Axis to construct DP instance directly, unless there's a way to put in the .wsdd your DPFactoryImpl class which constructs the DP instance.  (Analogous to putting the JNDIFactory so Axis can look construct the appropriate context to look up an EJB).  I believe Axis either needs to instantiate the service impl using public constructor, or have acces to a Factory interface to call Factory.getService(yourService.)
A possible alternative is to have Axis WSDL2Java construct YourServiceSoapBindingImpl class and have each method impl delegate to your DP.  But by then it's pretty pointless;  you might as well invoke the corresponding SLSB method directly from there.
Gene
 Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com> wrote:Yes, I did figure out how to do that. I found some
examples on-line. (It may be my problem, but it looks
like that little gem of information is missing in the
Axis 1.0 docs).

At any rate, in pursuit of some additional
flexibility, I am still interested in using dynamic
proxies to invoke SLSBs in Axis.

//Nicholas

=====

Posted by Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com>.