Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Pan Teng <te...@udel.edu> on 2013/12/16 21:42:02 UTC

Medication Mention

Hi cTAKES community,

I saw in one of the slides from your presentation saying that, query like
"The patient took aspirin 325 mg for knee pain."  will have annotation
like <edu.mayo.bmi.uima.core.type.refsem.MedicationStrength
    value number = “325” unit = “mg”>
<edu.mayo.bmi.uima.core.type.refsem.MedicationStatusChange
    value="noChange" />

But when I ran this, I only got

medicationStrength = <null>, medicationStatusChange = <null>

Is the annotation for medication working properly?
I'm not sure what's wrong here. Any clues?

Best,
Pan

Re: Medication Mention

Posted by Pan Teng <te...@udel.edu>.
Hi Pei,

Thank you for your quick reply. From my end, if there can be an example
input, and output, which can utilize all the components in cTAKES will help
a lot. From the output, maybe it's easier to see whether this system can
generate information that useful for my research area, and differentiate
cTAKES from other clinical NLP tools.

Best,
Pan

RE: Medication Mention

Just wondering, if I didn't see this in one of your slides of presentation, I wouldn't know that this drug mention annotator is not included in the AggregateUMLSPlaintextprocessor.xml. How can I know that which part of cTAKES is working, what else is not included here in AggregateUMLSPlaintextprocessor.xml but should be working?

Thanks,
Pan

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Pan Teng <te...@udel.edu>> wrote:
It's working. Thanks Pei.

Pan

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Chen, Pei <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>> wrote:
If you have DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB defined earlier, try the DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB.
        <node> DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB</node>
        <node>DrugMentionAnnotator</node>

I was using the default AggregateUMLSPlaintextprocessor.xml.

I have <node>DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB</node> instead of

       <node>DrugMentionAnnotator</node> you mentioned.

I edited the AggregateUMLSPlaintextprocessor.xml as you said, then I got the error like:

[Inline image 1]

The attached is the xml file after I added the DrugNER just now.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

--Pan

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Chen, Pei <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>> wrote:
Hi Pan,
Could you attach the pipeline configuration (is it DefaultAggregateUMLSPlaintextprocessor.xml)?

Re: Medication Mention

Posted by Pan Teng <te...@udel.edu>.
Hi Pei,

Re: Medication Mention