Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ariel <is...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/06 23:07:13 UTC

How to open a file with struts

Hi every body:

I want to open a file from an action Servlet to use it in the web
aplication, this file is located in the site root but I don´t know how to
referenced, when I open the file I do this:
File file = new File("MyFile.txt")

But an Exception is thrown because the file can´t be found

Could you help me to solve this problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings
Ariel

[OT] Re: How to open a file with struts

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- On Thu, 11/6/08, Ariel wrote:
> I want to open a file from an action Servlet to use it in the web
> aplication, this file is located in the site root but I don´t know
> how to referenced, when I open the file I do this:
> File file = new File("MyFile.txt")
>
> But an Exception is thrown because the file can´t be found
>
> Could you help me to solve this problem?

http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletContext.html#getRealPath(java.lang.String)

Dave