Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Rich Taylor <bh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 19:14:30 UTC

Missing Schema Types when using document style?

I have an issue that I'm hoping someone else will have some ideas on.

Whenever I try to specify "document" style in the WSDL that goes with my
process, the schema types get stripped out and I'm left with <wsdl:types/>
in the WSDL that Axis returns.  This leads to the types for my WSDL Messages
not being found.   It also means WSDL based tools such as SoapUI won't work

The simplest way to illustrate this is to look at the DynPartner example
that comes with Ode (which is document based).  Once deployed, if you look
at the WSDL with a browser (i.e.
http://localhost:8080/ode/services/DynMainService?wsdl) you will notice that
the wsdl:types element is empty.   I get the same behavior when trying to
convert the HelloWorld2 example to document style as well.

What am I missing?  Is anyone else seeing this?   I'm hoping this is simply
a user error.

Side note: I noticed that the Management Web Services (DeploymentService
etc.) use document style and their WSDLs seem to be just fine. Not sure why
they're OK and others aren't

Thanks,
Rich

Re: Missing Schema Types when using document style?

Posted by Rich Taylor <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex, thanks for the confirmation.  I have created Jira issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-130.   If I manage to find time to
work on it I will let you know. I'm looking at that area in the code now but
it's going to take a more in depth look since I'm new to the codebase.  In
the meantime if others have ideas, please let me know.

Thanks! Rich

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Rich,