Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott Thomas <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 17:47:36 UTC

Axis with Jetty setup - help appreciated

OK, here's the deal. I want to be a SOAP server. I have the WSDL file for
the kind of SOAP server I want to be. I ran it through WSDL2Java. I now have
the deploy and undeploy WSDD files, as well as the auto-generated Java
files. I have written implementations for the operations in the
auto-generated Java files.

Now, I'm starting a Jetty server programatically because I have some special
things to configure (something called a ReversedSocketConnector - what it
does isn't exactly important). That looks like this:

Server server = new Server();

ReversedSocketConnector reversedSocketConnector = new
ReversedSocketConnector();
reversedSocketConnector.setHost(host);
reversedSocketConnector.setPort(port);
reversedSocketConnector.setConnector(connector);
server.addConnector(reversedSocketConnector);

Context defaultContext = new Context(server, "/", Context.SESSIONS);
defaultContext.setResourceBase("webapp");
defaultContext.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new DefaultServlet()), "/");

Context axisContext = new Context(server, "/", Context.SESSIONS);
defaultContext.setResourceBase("webapp");
axisContext.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new AxisServlet()), "/*");

server.start();
server.join();

As you can see, I want to plug Axis into my Jetty server. When SOAP requests
arrive at http://localhost:8080/, I want them to be handled by those
auto-generated classes that I filled in. Forgive me if this is a basic
question, but I would like to know:
1) Where to put the deploy.wsdd and undeploy.wsdd files
2) What other methods to programatically call
3) What else I need to do

in order to get things working the way I want. If something can be done
programatically rather than through XML or config files, I would prefer that
(for testing purposes). Oh wise Axis senseis, lend me your knowledge!

- Scott