Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Markus Flach <ma...@flach.li> on 2006/09/03 21:14:50 UTC

question about status.xml

hello

i seeded my first project with forrest and it stands there i can fidn a file
with the name status.xml.
but this file is not in my project folder where i seeded my 1st project.

why?

regards
markus

AW: question about status.xml

Posted by Markus Flach <ma...@flach.li>.
I run apache forrest 0.7.

I change to my project folder which i created just before and than i start
th seed with "forrest seed"

Regards
markus

> i seeded my first project with forrest and it stands there i can fidn
> a file with the name status.xml.
> but this file is not in my project folder where i seeded my 1st project.

It should be. What version of Forrest are you using and what commands did
you run to seed a project?

Ross

Re: question about status.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Markus Flach wrote:

> For what is that status.xml file?
>
> When i made a test project, and type there forrest run it's running as well
> but i still miss the status.xml.

If you want generated "changes" documentation, such as:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/changes.html
then you need to declare the org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo
plugin in your forrest.properties file and then provide
a source file called status.xml containing your changes.

You can find an example status.xml in the source for that plugin
$FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/status.xml

-David

Re: question about status.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Markus Flach wrote:

> > Markus, would you please use proper email quoting.
> > It is very hard to see your replies, as the indenting
> > is the same as the messag ethat you are replying to.
>
> David, sorry to made it hard to read my replies. I'm using MS outlook and
> there its not automatic when i will replay that Outlook will add a ">"

The mail above is quoted properly, so it seems that
you have fixed it.

> Could you please recommend me some tools to work with, when i'm answering or
> posting on this forrest mailing list. I pefere a tool and not the browser! I
> had bad expiriences with fatal errors in the browsers!
> Thanks
>
> > I confirm that there is no status.xml for a forrest seed
> > and the projectInfo plugin is not declared.
> >
> > If i read Markus' questions correctly he wants a "changes"
> > pages but doesn't know how to declare the plugin.
> > See above mail message and Ross' other replies. If that
> > is not correct Markus, then please explain your issue again.
>
> So for now i installed the plugin projectInfo! I added it in my projects
> project.properties file.
> so build the static page again but there is still no status.xml file.

As we said in the other replies, you need to provide one
if you want to use the projectInfo plugin. I suggested
one that you could copy.

-David

Re: AW: AW: AW: question about status.xml

Posted by Markus Flach <ma...@flach.li>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Markus Flach wrote:
> >

> >-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

I thought that i explained this yesterday.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.user/3790/focus=3811

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Markus Flach <ma...@hispeed.ch>.

> You said it's a long time sine you worked with 0.7, are you running
> already 0.8?

Being an active dev I always run SVN head. 0.8-dev has been pretty stable
for some time now, we re trying to finish the final "polishing"
tasks before we can do the release, but it is slow going with most devs
having very little time to do such work.

We need help!

	- I would like to help, but i'm a real newbie in apache forrest. I'm
doing a school project 	- and it schould be realized with apache forrest

> When i make a new web site with "forrest seed" it creat this as well.
>
> But it stands that there is a n status.xml in the root folder. But hat
> i can see in the root folder is only a file with the name
> forrest.properties
>
> For what is that status.xml file?

Status XML is used by the project.info plugin (see the plugins page on our
website).

You should not have one in a freshly seeded site, it is not required as a
fresh site does not use the projectInfo plugin.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: AW: question about status.xml

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Markus Flach <ma...@hispeed.ch>.