Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graeme <ia...@ntlworld.com> on 2004/06/15 20:09:48 UTC

Connecting Apache and Tomcat

Evening all, I'm trying to connect tomcat to apache using redhat 9, freshly installed from CDs and have not been updated via the redhat network or anywhere else.  I'm following a tutorial found at http://www.meritonlinesystems.com/docs/apache_tomcat_redhat.html .  I have kept everything the same as the tutorial, even used the same version of tomcat so as not to make any mistakes.  Currently I have tomcat and apache running perfectly as standalones.

I am stuck at the "3.6 Building the mod_jk Connector" part.

it says:
Run the buildconf script to to create the CONN_SRC_HOME/jk/native/configure file.
CONN_SRC_HOME/jk/native/buildconf.sh
when I type that in I get "No such file or directory", even thoughthe file is located in the same directory as the tutorial.  I thentried changing directory to "native" then running ./buildconf.shI got this:[root@localhost native]# ./buildconf.shlibtoolize --force --automake --copy./buildconf.sh: line 4: libtoolize: command not foundaclocal./buildconf.sh: line 8: aclocal: command not foundautomake -a --foreign -i --copy./buildconf.sh: line 10: automake: command not foundautoconf./buildconf.sh: line 12: autoconf: command not found[root@localhost native]#How can I fix this?According to this site "http://gfft.com/howtos/tomcat.php" I will need to install httpd-devel, so I downloaded:"httpd-devel-2.0.40-21.9.i386.rpm" and did "rpm -ivh httpd-devel-2.0.40-21.9.i386.rpm"this produced:[root@localhost downloads]# rpm -ivh httpd-devel-2.0.40-21.9.i386.rpmwarning: httpd-devel-2.0.40-21.9.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60eerror: Failed dependencies:        libtool is needed by httpd-devel-2.0.40-21.9[root@localhost downloads]#So I downloaded libtool and did "rpm -ivh libtool-1.5-8.src.rpm" and I got this:[root@localhost downloads]# rpm -ivh libtool-1.5-8.src.rpmerror: libtool-1.5-8.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 4f2a6fd2error: libtool-1.5-8.src.rpm cannot be installed[root@localhost downloads]#I don't have a clue if I'm doing the right thing here.  There are different versionsof the libtool and httpd-devel files, so which ones do I install?I did "ls -l" at the prompt and got for buildconf.sh:-rwxr-xr-x    1 154      wheel         295 May 28  2002 buildconf.shWhy does this say "wheel"?  I certainly don't have a user called wheel.If anyone can help me sort this out I'd really appreciate it.  I'm a bit lost.Cheers,Graeme :)

RE: Please introduce a good Tomcat debug tool

Posted by Randy <ra...@unitnet.com>.
I really like intellij by jetbrains

RP

Posted by Michael Cardon <mi...@bendcable.com>.
I use eclipse with the 'myeclipse' plug-in.

see www.eclipse.org

and www.myeclipseide.com

Posted by Woodchuck <wo...@yahoo.com>.
--- Daxin Zuo <dz...@techexcel.com> wrote:
> I currently run Tomcat 4.1.9 (without apache) to run
> JSP and ervlet. How to
> debug JSP and Servelt in TOMCAT?
> Thanks.

i use the eclipse IDE available at:

http://www.eclipse.org

it's great and it's FREE!!!

Please introduce a good Tomcat debug tool

Posted by Daxin Zuo <dz...@techexcel.com>.