Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Steve Pruitt <SP...@exstream.com> on 2006/04/12 21:14:59 UTC

Problem parsing sided double quotes

All,

I am getting a parser error trying to parse content containing left and
right double quotes.  I use the character entities: &#8220; and  &#8221;
The Xerces parser is version 2.5 and the error message is:

Fatal error: An exception occurred!  Type:UTFDataFormatException,
Message:invalid byte 3 (?) of 3-bye sequence.

What is strange, as an experiment I tried &#8216; &#8217; and &#8364;
left and right single quotation mark, and euro sign respectively.  These
worked ok.
It appears to be just the left and right double quotes.  Doesn't make
sense.

Has anyone else had to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Pruitt

Re: Problem parsing sided double quotes

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Steve Pruitt wrote:
> All,
>
> I am getting a parser error trying to parse content containing left and
> right double quotes.  I use the character entities: &#8220; and  &#8221;
> The Xerces parser is version 2.5 and the error message is:
>
> Fatal error: An exception occurred!  Type:UTFDataFormatException,
> Message:invalid byte 3 (?) of 3-bye sequence.
>
> What is strange, as an experiment I tried &#8216; &#8217; and &#8364;
> left and right single quotation mark, and euro sign respectively.  These
> worked ok.
> It appears to be just the left and right double quotes.  Doesn't make
> sense.
>
> Has anyone else had to solve this problem?

If you can post a trivial document that reproduces the problem, I can
investigate it.

Thanks!

Dave