Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rosdi Kasim <ro...@epantai.com.my> on 2003/07/18 08:44:57 UTC

DBCP not ready for production server?

Is this true?

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:mX0TKkjHWLMJ:stealthis.athensgroup.com/presentations/White_Papers/Jakarta_Pooling.doc+dbcp+connection+pool+leak&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

If it is.., what (free) alternatives I have?..

Re: DBCP not ready for production server?

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Rosdi Kasim wrote:

> Is this true?
>
> http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:mX0TKkjHWLMJ:stealthis.athensgroup.com/presentations/White_Papers/Jakarta_Pooling.doc+dbcp+connection+pool+leak&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I use DBCP in production 24x7 for several large scale applications, both
desktop and server based, on dozens of platforms (the desktop ones anyway)
against two different database engines, and I have done so for years
without any major issues.

Your mileage may vary.

Danny's comments seem spot on.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>

http://www.google.com/search?q=open+source+jdbc+connection+pool

Re: DBCP not ready for production server?

Posted by Rosdi Kasim <ro...@epantai.com.my>.
Thanks for the clarification..
Actually I have been using it for our intranet project (2-3 concurrent
user).... and everything seems to work fine..

Only that I dont have the guts (yet) to propose to my boss to throw away our
old Weblogic and migrate to Tomcat for our
external projects.

Perhaps I will do a stress test first on our development server using
Tomcat+DBCP and see how it performs.

Regards,
Rosdi.

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.