Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Clauss, Arne" <Ar...@gedas.de> on 2003/04/02 10:24:25 UTC

Array of Beans used in an ActionForm

Hello!

Is is possible to deal with an Array of Beans in an AtionForm?

It should look like this:

public class TestForm extends ActionForm {
	private DataBean[] dataBeans = DataBean[size_of_array];

	getter and setter methods
}

public class DataBean {
	private String name="";
	private int id = 0;

	getter and setter methods
}

Searching the list I have found the following important facts:

- It is important to have an default construktor in the ActionForm, which
creates an instance of the Array.

Have somebody some code example to help me?

Kind regards,

Arne

Re: Array of Beans used in an ActionForm

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
If you want to use an array for a property that your JSP uses as indexed (i.e. property="data(n)") you will have to
define indexed getters and setters :

public void setData(index i, String value) {
    this.data[i] = value;
}

public String getData(index i) {
    return this.data[i];
}

Struts will not create an instace of the array for you when it creates or populates the formBean. Your form-bean has to
create the array in the "good" size before population occurs.

Nico.