Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Alan Krantz <ak...@akamai.com> on 2001/04/11 20:51:32 UTC

Problems with something or other:

I am trying to get soap via java to work via http. I manage to get the
sever up and can access the admin page. However, examples are lacking
(for doing things as simple as registering and using a provided sample).
A single example (walk through?) would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways when I try to use the client interface (because I cannot
understand the web interface) this happens:

---
# java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http:/localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
-
Usage: java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient url operation
arguments
where
 url is the XML-SOAP router's URL whose services are managed
 operation and arguments are:
  deploy deployment-descriptor-file.xml
  list
  query service-name
  undeploy service-name

-- this seems fine and normal -- however if I try something a wee bit
fancier:
(note I  have tried xerces 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 -- I cannot find a 1.1.2)

# java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http:/localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White space is required between the
public identifier and the system identifier.
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
        at org.xml.sax.SAXException.<init>(SAXException.java:45)
        at
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException.<init>(SAXParseException.java:56)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1008)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDTDScanner.java:645)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanExternalID(XMLDTDScanner.java:1190)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScanner.java:1098)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDocumentScanner.java:2177)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.access$000(XMLDocumentScanner.java:86)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:775)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:380)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:900)
at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read(XercesParserLiaison.java:85)

        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:110)

        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:132)

        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:195)

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
msg=<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Bad Request</H1>
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<P>
Client sent malformed Host header<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.19 Server at krantzpc.kendall.akamai.com Port
80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>
]
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
:
        at org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(SOAPException.java:71)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:167)

RE: Problems running samples

Posted by Jayakumar Duraisamy <jd...@revenuetech.com>.
Hi,
  I too have the same problem. By the way what did u add for "docbase" in
the conf/server.xml as mentioned in Tomcat...
Bye
Jay

Problems running samples

Posted by Ned Wolpert <ne...@knowledgenet.com>.
Folks-

I'm having trouble running the stockquote example.  I'm using
soap-2.1, with Xerces 1.3.1.  I get the servlets running fine, but when
I try to deploy the app (via command line) I do this:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
samples/stockquote/DeploymentDescriptor.xml

and I get this:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must
contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:127)

Problems running samples