Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2015/01/12 14:24:37 UTC

IRC and chat

Hi folks-

We've had some folks complaining about IRC messages getting ignored.  I
think a problem for many is that the Mac IRC clients seem to have bad
reconnect behaviour.  And some people go offline and miss messages.

To help with this I've set up mirroring (two-way) between
#brooklyncentral and https://gitter.im/brooklyncentral/brooklyn .

Everything should work fine if you log in to either or both.  If you use
the gitter desktop you'll get the usual notifications; and even just the
web ui is easier for many.

Best
Alex

Re: IRC and chat

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
I'd go further and say all important discussions (including from users
rather than just devs) should be on dev@brooklyn.incubator.apache.org.
If you disagree, then we should discuss creating a users@brooklyn list.

I definitely agree that folk asking on IRC should never be neglected.
This will allow us to ensure questions get answered and/or redirected to
ask on the mailing list for more significant things. Therefore an
emphatic +1 for this!

Aled

Re: IRC and chat

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.