Posted to users@camel.apache.org by arvind <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/05 08:02:40 UTC

Restricting the duplicate files to be added into idempotent repository irrespective of cacheSize value

Hello,

I am using camel version 2.9.2 . Can anyone help me to know that, How to
restrict duplicate files adding into idempotent repository irrespective of
cache size , means  any number of files in source directory but no files
should be added twice to the repository .

<bean id="fileStore"
		class="org.apache.camel.processor.idempotent.FileIdempotentRepository">
		<property name="fileStore" value="D:/filestore/eclFileStore.dat" />

		<property name="cacheSize" value="5000" />
	 </bean>
<route id="ResFiles">
			<from
uri="ftp://user@***.**.**.*:**/xyz?filter=#ResFilter&amp;readLock=changed&amp;idempotent=true&amp;idempotentRepository=#fileStore&amp;delay=2000&amp;readLockCheckInterval=1000&amp;localWorkDirectory=C:/temp&amp;passiveMode=true&amp;disconnect=true&amp;password=****"
/>
			<to uri="file:\\*****" />
	</route>

In the above scenario I am only able to restrict the number of entries
depending on cacheSize value but not above it . Kindly help .

Re: Restricting the duplicate files to be added into idempotent repository irrespective of cacheSize value

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Set a higher cache size, such as 9999999999 or implement your own
idempotent repo.
For example without a first level cache, so it checks the persistent
file each time etc.

Or contribute to the existing file idempotent repo, to let it check
the file if there was a cache miss.
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM, arvind <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for showing the interest. The first post of mine consisting the xml
> file which I am using to transfer the file from FTP to local directory. It
> is working fine but when it crosses the number of files more than 5000 i.e
> the cacheSize value mentioned in the xml , the files are getting added
> multiple times to Idempotent repository so the files are transferred more
> than once from FTP to Local directory.
>  So please let me know if there is any way to restrict the file to be
> transferred more than once(from FTP to local directory) means to restrict
> the the files to add into the repository multiple times.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Restricting the duplicate files to be added into idempotent repository irrespective of cacheSize value

Posted by Joe Shevland <jo...@internode.on.net>.
Its intriguing. I need more details.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can provide more detail so we can respond intelligently.. or
give an example of what you're doing and what's happening...

<quote>How to
restrict duplicate files adding into idempotent repository irrespective of
cache size , means  any number of files in source directory but no files
should be added twice to the repository .</quote>

Does this mean you're seeing multiple entries of the same file
instance in your idempotent repository? How is the cache size
currently affecting your results?

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:16 AM, arvind <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please comment on this.

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Restricting the duplicate files to be added into idempotent repository irrespective of cacheSize value

Posted by arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
Please comment on this.