Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org> on 2011/11/01 15:20:56 UTC

RE: Accessing "protected" gadgets?

Yup -- those are the ones I was thinking of.  Thanks for digging them up.

>Among the latest relevant discussion points is your (Jesse) previous post
>here <http://www.mail-
>archive.com/dev@shindig.apache.org/msg02995.html>.
>Has anybody successfully implemented running trusted and untrusted
>gadgets
>on separate domains?

We've implemented it as I described in the thread you referenced above and its worked out really well.

>It seems Maxwell Xandeco and Nuwan Bandara may have workable solutions
>(albeit only assuming trusted domains)?

Yeah -- there were a bunch of different ideas discussed in those threads.  Let us know if you have any more specific questions.

Posted by Dan Dumont <dd...@us.ibm.com>.
You might try encoding the session id in the trustedjson section of the
security token.

The token makes it's way most of the way down to the Fetcher.   Might be
less refactoring for you.

From:   Dennis Ju <de...@liferay.com>
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:   11/07/2011 09:39 PM
Subject:        Re: Accessing "protected" gadgets?

Hi guys,

So I've been trying to do a POC to pass my browser session to Shindig so
that I can copy the session cookies to the http request created by
Shindig.
However, I seem to be doing quite a lot of refactoring of code to pass my
session instance from the servlet down to the HttpFetcher.

Is there a more elegant solution that others have implemented? I'd like to
avoid so much refactoring for obvious maintenance concerns.

Thanks!
Dennis

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Ciancetta, Jesse E. <jc...@mitre.org>

Posted by Dennis Ju <de...@liferay.com>.