Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Kerin Khan <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/09 02:52:02 UTC

Applying as Technical Writer

Hello,

My name is Kerin. I am a 3rd-year Cognitive Science student at UC Berkeley.
I have 2 years of experience building Javascript, Html, and CSS projects. I
want to contribute to the technical documentation for a duration of 6
months. I could help 10 hours per week. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Kerin

Re: Applying as Technical Writer

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 6/8/2020 10:52 PM, Kerin Khan wrote:
> Hello,
>

> My name is Kerin. I am a 3rd-year Cognitive Science student at UC Berkeley.
> I have 2 years of experience building Javascript, Html, and CSS projects. I
> want to contribute to the technical documentation for a duration of 6
> months. I could help 10 hours per week. I look forward to hearing from you.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kerin

Kerin;

Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice (AOO) documentation team. The first
step is too read the Orientation Guide at:
https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html. The most important
read is the Level 3 Introduction to Documentation, though it is highly
reccomended that both Level 1 and Level 2 Guides as well.

Any questions you have at anytime just write to this list and we will
answer them as expeditiously as possible. Though we strive to answer
within 24 hours this is not always possible; as AOO is a totally
volunteer project it is best not to expect instant responses as we all
are either employed or have other responsibilities and often  both.

We look forward to working with you to produce quality documentation.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna

Re: Applying as Technical Writer

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
Dave,
Can you explain what you would like to have done? Would you like to have
HTML versions of the documents or some other changes to the web page?
Francis

Posted by Dave <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
Hello Kerin,