Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by daniel soto <ba...@decepticons.cl> on 2010/05/04 16:43:30 UTC

Jmeter and Orbeon Forms

Hi,

I'm new to Jmeter and doing test overall,  recently i've been using jmeter
to test a web app that uses Orbeon Forms.

I recorded with Http Proxy Server an action in my browser which needs to
open a orbeon form fill a textbox and then save it

The thing is that when i try to replay this action, i got tons of problems
with xml. Orbeon sends an error with the prolog (dunno why)
and i dont have that much expertise to resolve it.

The web app is in seam framework, and i've resolved almost every problem
browsing the webapp but with orbeon i dont know how to proceed.

--
Daniel Soto P.

Un hombre con una idea nueva es un loco hasta que la idea triunfa!

Re: Jmeter and Orbeon Forms

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I dont think you'll find anyone with experience on Orebon specifically(but
its no different from any other webapp with dynamically named fields ).
Looking through the site demo it seems that a POSt translates to two
requests, both of which have dynamic data , plus field names etc are also
dynamic, which means a record - replay script wont work. You will have to
use post processors to extract out data from a previous request and send it
with the current one

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour
Lots of posts in the mail archives that tell you how to compare your
browsers results (using a sniffer like fiddler) to what Jmeter test sends
(using View results Tree). Its a bit difficult to compare when everything is
dynamic, but you should be able to identify the dynamic parts by redoing the
same thing in the browser and seeing what changes and then writing
extractors for the same.

If you have some internet facing sample then we can see.

regards
deepak