Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by binu pankajakshan <p_...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/27 12:42:15 UTC

How to create a list of links dynamically

 Hi All,
  I want to create a list of links depending on the enteries made in a '.properties' file.
  i.e. i want to read the key value pairs and display the key as the link  and pass on the value to the next page on the clicking the  corresponding link.

  the no of enteries may vary from time to time so i need to do it completely dynamically.

  I have tried to do it but am only able to list out the keys as a link  but am not able to associate it with the value. I mean i am not able to  send in unique values for each link to the listener.

  The complete thing should be done through tapestry.

  I can give a example for the problem
  say i am having a some book names with their unique book no.
  i want to list the book names as the link and want that on clicking a  particular book name the book no for that book should be captured and  details (author ,pub etc..) displayed.
  The only thing to be kept in mind is the no. of books keeps changing so the no. of links on the page keeps changing too
  Thanks

Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd.
Tek Medows
  51,Old Mahabalipuram Road
  Sholinganallur,Chennai-600119
Contact No: +91 98203 46870

    'My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no  man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before  me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or  lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.'

Yahoo! Shopping