Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 21:46:47 UTC

advice w.r.t. wild card import

Hi,
If you wonder why occasionally we have broken Jenkins build, I can give you
one reason.

Look at the following import in TestMasterFailover:
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.*;

When a new test was added which used ClusterStatus, there was no import to
be added in TRUNK because of the above import.
However, in 0.92, there is no such wild card import - so ...

I think we should refrain from using wild card import.

Cheers

Re: advice w.r.t. wild card import

Posted by Mikhail Bautin <ba...@gmail.com>.
+1 on avoiding using wildcard imports. Eclipse's "Organize Imports"
command gets rid of them pretty well.

Thanks,
--Mikhail

Posted by "Pan, Thomas" <th...@ebay.com>.
Which check-in rules have we set up for our SCM? -Thomas