Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by drhy <da...@outlook.com> on 2020/02/01 23:26:08 UTC

Possible problem with Guacamole 1.1.0 RADIUS extension

Hi,

The Radius extension in the guacamole 1.1.0 tar did not work for me.

On examination it looks almost identical to the 1.0.0 extension, for example
there is no /conf/ directory within the 1.1.0 extension. However /conf/ does
exist in the source:
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/master/extensions/guacamole-auth-radius/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/radius/conf/

With the source and RC I was able to use mschapv2 whereas when I build from
the guacamole 1.1.0 tar I get the following error in the catalina.log:
ERROR o.a.g.a.r.RadiusConnectionService - No such RADIUS algorithm: MD4
MessageDigest not available

Thanks.

-David

Re: Possible problem with Guacamole 1.1.0 RADIUS extension

Posted by drhy <da...@outlook.com>.
Hi Mike,

still got my training wheels on. Thanks.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Feb 1, 2020, 15:26 drhy <da...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Radius extension in the guacamole 1.1.0 tar did not work for me.
>
> On examination it looks almost identical to the 1.0.0 extension, for
> example
> there is no /conf/ directory within the 1.1.0 extension. However /conf/
> does
> exist in the source:
>
> https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/master/extensions/guacamole-auth-radius/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/radius/conf/
>
> With the source and RC I was able to use mschapv2 whereas when I build from
> the guacamole 1.1.0 tar I get the following error in the catalina.log:
> ERROR o.a.g.a.r.RadiusConnectionService - No such RADIUS algorithm: MD4
> MessageDigest not available

Support for MS-CHAPv2 is not part of 1.1.0. It's part of upcoming 1.2.0:

When you mention the RC, I think you might actually be referring to git
master. Builds from git master are not RCs, nor are they isolated to
changes for the next release. The master branch is the active development
branch, and in this case would have had 1.2.0 changes, as well.

To test 1.1.0 changes prior to its release (still not an RC, but at least
isolated to 1.1.0), the branch to build would have been "staging/1.1.0".
That branch would contain only 1.1.0 changes and would not have had the
changes from GUACAMOLE-774. Since 1.1.0 has been released, this branch has
been deleted, but this is the pattern used for all our releases once
release scope has been set.

At the time that 1.1.0 was still under development, building the 1.1.0 RC
would have involved checking out the relevant git tag or downloading a copy
of the source archive when the RC was announced on dev@. There was only one
RC for 1.1.0 ("1.1.0-RC1").

- Mike