Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl> on 2006/10/02 10:53:43 UTC

RE: XProc?

Hi Lars,

this seems very interesting! I guess this does have to go to the developers list though.
I did not find any reference or participation on the Developers list yet, so I don't think the Cocoon community is participating yet.
I personally think that the cocoon community should participate in the XML Processing Model Working Group, since they have a LOT of experience with XML processing and pipeline orders.

Regards,

Reijn

Posted by Erik Bruchez <er...@bruchez.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 10/17/06, Erik Bruchez <er...@bruchez.org> wrote:
>> The question was asked by Sylvain in the dev list back in December 2005,
>> when the working group was being formed, and the unanimous response from
>> Cocoon developers was quite dismissive:
>>
>>    http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?t=113596529900005&r=1&w=3...
>
> Rereading the thread, I find one person against joining, others saying
> that it might be a good thing to join, and most of us ignoring the
> discussion, for whatever reason.

I was maybe a bit tough, but that's in fact two people against the very
idea of XProc in the first place if you count the person replying "Hear
hear" ;-) Still, my point was that XProc should have generated interest
and enthusiasm from the Cocoon developers, and at the very least the
desire to influence the standardization process.

-Erik

Re: XProc?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 10/17/06, Erik Bruchez <er...@bruchez.org> wrote:
> The question was asked by Sylvain in the dev list back in December 2005,
> when the working group was being formed, and the unanimous response from
> Cocoon developers was quite dismissive:
>
>    http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?t=113596529900005&r=1&w=3...

Rereading the thread, I find one person against joining, others saying
that it might be a good thing to join, and most of us ignoring the
discussion, for whatever reason.

There was no official decision about joining or not. If some of us
want to keep in touch with what's happening there, keep us informed
and maybe bring some of our experience to the XPL group, why not?

-Bertrand

Re: XProc?

Posted by Erik Bruchez <er...@bruchez.org>.
The question was asked by Sylvain in the dev list back in December 2005,
when the working group was being formed, and the unanimous response from
Cocoon developers was quite dismissive:

   http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?t=113596529900005&r=1&w=3

As a participating member of the XML Processing Model Working Group (I
wrote the W3C XPL Submission for Orbeon [1][2]) at W3C, I can't imagine
something more puzzling. On the other hand, this sounds like a typical
instance of the NIH (Not Invented Here) syndrome.

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/xpl/
[2] http://www.orbeon.com/