Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Werner Dietl <wd...@cs.bgsu.edu> on 2000/01/07 21:56:11 UTC

Tomcat 3.0 + Apache 1.3.9 on SGI Irix 6.5

Hi!

In the last days I changed my setup from Apache 1.3.9 + Apache JServ 1.1b2
to Apache with Tomcat 3.0.

Building of the Java part was no problem.
But I could not build the mod_jserv for Apache, but the mod_jserv from
Apache JServ 1.1b2 works for me.

Some questions:
x I want to use Tomcat as Servlet-Engine only.
  How do I stop it from serving on port 8080?
  I tried setting the port in server.xml to -1 but that didn't work.
x I read something about a online administration tool.
  (In the answer to "Can Jakarta use Microsoft's JVM?" in the FAQ)
  How do I access that tool?

More questions to come :-)

cu, WMD.

Re: Tomcat 3.0 + Apache 1.3.9 on SGI Irix 6.5

Posted by Werner Dietl <wd...@cs.bgsu.edu>.
Hi!

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Muness Al-Rubaie wrote:
> Just comment out the (java) web server configuration in server.xml. ;)
I tried removing the <Connector ... HttpAdapter"> and that works now!

> > x I read something about a online administration tool.
> >   (In the answer to "Can Jakarta use Microsoft's JVM?" in the FAQ)
> >   How do I access that tool?
Any ideas for that?

Thanks, WMD.

Re: Tomcat 3.0 + Apache 1.3.9 on SGI Irix 6.5

Posted by Werner Dietl <wd...@cs.bgsu.edu>.
Hi!

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Muness Al-Rubaie wrote:
> > x I want to use Tomcat as Servlet-Engine only.
> >   How do I stop it from serving on port 8080?
> >   I tried setting the port in server.xml to -1 but that didn't work.
> Just comment out the (java) web server configuration in server.xml. ;)
Could you please be a little bit more specific.
If I comment out the whole <Server...> </Server> the Servlet Engine
doesn't work anymore, nothing is started on port 8007.
If I only remove the <ContextManager port="8080"...> then I get a
parse error:

SAXParseException: file:/usr/people/mhdbexp/tomcat/server.xml : 47
  msg : Element "Server" requires additional elements.

What would you let in the server.xml file?

Posted by Muness Al-Rubaie <mu...@lingerie.com>.
Werner Dietl wrote:

> Hi!
> [snip]

> x I want to use Tomcat as Servlet-Engine only.
>   How do I stop it from serving on port 8080?
>   I tried setting the port in server.xml to -1 but that didn't work.

Just comment out the (java) web server configuration in server.xml. ;)

> x I read something about a online administration tool.
>   (In the answer to "Can Jakarta use Microsoft's JVM?" in the FAQ)
>   How do I access that tool?

Muness