Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Rich Dougherty <ri...@rd.gen.nz> on 2007/11/05 13:03:47 UTC

Bindings for Scala

Hi

I thought I'd let you know that I've written some (prototype) bindings to
make MINA work nicely with  http://lamp.epfl.ch/%7Ephaller/actors.html
Scala's actors  library.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
http://blog.richdougherty.com/2007/11/mina-bindings-for-scala.html
http://blog.richdougherty.com/2007/11/mina-bindings-for-scala.html

I've written my bindings as submodules inside the MINA trunk. This made it
easy for me to work with the latest version of MINA. I'd be happy to
contribute the bindings if they seem useful to anyone else.

Thanks for a great library.

Cheers

Rich

Re: Bindings for Scala

Posted by Rich Dougherty <ri...@rd.gen.nz>.

Trustin Lee wrote:

> On 11/5/07, Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> wrote:
>> To get these bindings
>> into trunk the best is if you could open a JIRA issue and attach a
>> patch: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA. You will have to
>> register before you can create an issue.
>
> It's a nice language indded.  Please go ahead and open a JIRA issue, Rich!
> :)

Great. I'll have a patch ready next week.

Cheers
Rich

Re: Bindings for Scala

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 11/5/07, Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> wrote:
> Rich Dougherty wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> > I thought I'd let you know that I've written some (prototype) bindings to
> > make MINA work nicely with  http://lamp.epfl.ch/%7Ephaller/actors.html
> > Scala's actors  library.
> >

> > &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> > http://blog.richdougherty.com/2007/11/mina-bindings-for-scala.html
> > http://blog.richdougherty.com/2007/11/mina-bindings-for-scala.html
> >

> > I've written my bindings as submodules inside the MINA trunk. This made it
> > easy for me to work with the latest version of MINA. I'd be happy to
> > contribute the bindings if they seem useful to anyone else.
> >

> > Thanks for a great library.
> >

> > Cheers
> >
> > Rich
> >

> This is very cool! I've wanted to learn Scala for quite some time now.
> From what I've seen it's a very nice language. To get these bindings
> into trunk the best is if you could open a JIRA issue and attach a
> patch: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA. You will have to
> register before you can create an issue.

It's a nice language indded.  Please go ahead and open a JIRA issue, Rich! :)

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--