Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2005/02/01 00:10:44 UTC

[lang] ReflectionUtils

I've had the need for this ReflectionUtils class in a couple
of projects already. It's also being used within Cocoon.
IMHO it would make sense to have it lang.

..what do you guys think? Should I prepare a patch?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/javaflow/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/javaflow/utils/ReflectionUtils.java

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [lang] ReflectionUtils

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 01:07, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > By using an interface strategy to find methods I believe that this takes
> > it out of scope for [lang]. We have tried to restrict lang to tasks that
> > are non-framework like and non-religious.
>
> I see
>
> > I am also being harsh, because there is a [reflect] component in the
> > sandbox, which is dormant. That was meant to handle generic
> > ReflectionUtils type things.
>
> What about it?

it's been waiting a while for someone to pick it up for a while now :)

> Plus there are MethodUtils and so on in
> > [beanutils].
>
> Ok ...I will have a look into both
> the beanutils and the reflect component.

i'd say that the reflect would be the better match.

- robert

Re: [lang] ReflectionUtils

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Re: [lang] ReflectionUtils

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
By using an interface strategy to find methods I believe that this takes it
out of scope for [lang]. We have tried to restrict lang to tasks that are
non-framework like and non-religious.

I am also being harsh, because there is a [reflect] component in the
sandbox, which is dormant. That was meant to handle generic ReflectionUtils
type things. Plus there are MethodUtils and so on in [beanutils].

Stephen