Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yu Wei <yu...@hotmail.com> on 2016/11/14 11:10:34 UTC

Two questions about running spark on mesos

Hi Guys,

Two questions about running spark on mesos.

1, Does spark configuration of conf/slaves still work when running spark on mesos?

    According to my observations, it seemed that conf/slaves still took effect when running spark-shell.

    However, it doesn't take effect when deploying in cluster mode.

    Is this expected behavior?

   Or did I miss anything?

2, Could I kill submitted jobs when running spark on mesos in cluster mode?

    I launched spark on mesos in cluster mode. Then submitted a long running job succeeded.

    Then I want to kill the job.

    How could I do that? Is there any similar commands as launching spark on yarn?

Thanks,

Jared, (??)
Software developer
Interested in open source software, big data, Linux

Re: Two questions about running spark on mesos

Posted by Michael Gummelt <mg...@mesosphere.io>.
1. I had never even heard of conf/slaves until this email, and I only see
it referenced in the docs next to Spark Standalone, so I doubt that works.

2. Yes.  See the --kill option in spark-submit.

Also, we're considering dropping the Spark dispatcher in DC/OS in favor of
Metronome, which will be our consolidated method of running any one-off
jobs.  The dispatcher is really just a lesser maintained and more
feature-sparse metronome.  If I were you, I would look into running
Metronome rather than the dispatcher (or just run DC/OS).

--
Michael Gummelt
Software Engineer

Re: Two questions about running spark on mesos

Posted by Michael Gummelt <mg...@mesosphere.io>.