Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vinay Gulani <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/13 03:00:51 UTC

What is causing Broker Unclean shutdown

Hi,

I am getting below warning message:

 WARN  kafka.server.KafkaServer - [Kafka Server 1], Retrying
controlled shutdown after the previous attempt failed...
 WARN  kafka.server.KafkaServer - [Kafka Server 1], Proceeding to do
an unclean shutdown as all the controlled shutdown attempts failed
 INFO  kafka.network.SocketServer - [Socket Server on Broker 1], Shutting down
 INFO  kafka.network.SocketServer - [Socket Server on Broker 1],
Shutdown completed
 INFO  kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlerPool - [Kafka Request Handler
on Broker 3886], shutting down

Could you please suggest what could be the reason for unclean shutdown
of a broker?

Thanks,

Vinay

Re: What is causing Broker Unclean shutdown

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Which version of Kafka are you using?

I vaguely remember seeing similar issues some long time ago, due to a race
condition between broker and controller, which I believe is fixed in the
newer versions.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: What is causing Broker Unclean shutdown

Posted by Zakee <kz...@netzero.net>.