Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/12/05 09:38:47 UTC

Issues building the kafka connector (on windows)

Hi,

after building things on my Mac multiple times now, obviously on Linux things seem to be working too.
However on my new Windows machine I'm getting errors:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal io.confluent:kafka-connect-maven-plugin:0.11.3:kafka-connect (default) on project plc4j-apache-kafka: Execution default of goal io.confluent:kafka-connect-maven-plugin:0.11.3:kafka-connect failed: Error executing assembly: Unable to execute mojo: Execution null of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.6:jar failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.6:jar: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

It might however also be related to me having the latest Maven version installed on my Windows machine, so I'll try to build with an older one in order to find out if this might be causing the problems ... after all it's complaining about an API compatibility of the maven-jar-plugin.

... Update ...

I just checked and we set the jar version to 3.2.0 and the kafka-connect plugin seems to be referencing 2.6 ... I'll investigate on that path.

Chris