Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by WebDawg <we...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/05 13:50:32 UTC

Nutch and SOLR integration

I am new to Solr and Nutch.

I was working through the tutorials and managed to get everything
going up to making nutch work but not throwing the results at Solr
yet.

From everything that I have read you throw data at SOLR or SOLR cloud
and it just does it's thing.  I have yet to get into the details w/
SOLR yet but it seems that it is not meant to be a full solution
stack...IE Nutch and SOLR together = accessible secure search engine?

For instance with SOLR it looks like I am supposed to use/build a
front end for it?

I always assumed that these were back end components.  But that is the
problem, I have assumed.

Is nutch supposed to be a solution that I should script against?  I
read guides that show how to setup and then people just say use a
'crontab'.

Reading that everyone uses the power of these projects to create
amazing things...

What is available to manage these products?  I get that SOLR indexes
and Nutch spiders but is there something that controls Nutch in a
smart manner or am I supposed to do this on my own via programming?

Is there anything out there that finely controls nutch?  Is there
anything out there that configures nutch, or multiple nutch
instances/profiles?