Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marat Khalili <mk...@rqc.ru> on 2015/07/01 12:51:55 UTC

[users@httpd] WebDAV reverse proxy SLOW

Dear all,

I'm configuring a reverse proxy with configuration provided below, for
Apache 2.4 for Windows (I'm trying to bypass Windows authentication
dialogs this way). It works, but file browsing is very slow: listing
three files in a folder takes several seconds, dir /b/s comes line after
line, and doesn't improve. In contrast, same WebDAV resource connected
directly or via NetDrive utility is quite responsive. I suspect Apache
does not reuse connections or similar problems, but can't find more
parameters to tune. Please advise.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili

httpd.conf:

Define SRVROOT "/Apache24"
ServerRoot "${SRVROOT}"

Listen 127.0.0.1:80

LoadModule authz_core_module modules/mod_authz_core.so
LoadModule headers_module /Apache24/modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module /Apache24/modules/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule proxy_module /Apache24/modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule socache_shmcb_module modules/mod_socache_shmcb.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

ServerAdmin it@rqc.ru
ServerName localhost

<Directory />
     AllowOverride none
     Require all denied
</Directory>

ErrorLog "logs/error.log"

LogLevel warn

SSLSessionCache        "shmcb:${SRVROOT}/logs/ssl_scache(512000)"
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300

<VirtualHost localhost:80>
     SSLProxyEngine On
     SSLProxyProtocol All -SSLv2 -SSLv3
     SSLProxyVerify require
     SSLProxyCACertificateFile /Apache24/conf/ssl/ca.crt
     SSLProxyCheckPeerCN on
     SSLProxyCheckPeerExpire on

     # this is required to ensure that HTTP headers sent to the
     # WebDAV server are "rewritten" from "http://..." to "https://..."
     RequestHeader edit Destination ^http: https: early
     RequestHeader set Authorization "Basic DEADBEEFDEADBEEFDEADBEEF"

     # the essential proxy part
     <Location />
         ProxyPass https://myserver.rqc.ru/ max=8 flushpackets=on
keepalive=on connectiontimeout=300 timeout=300
         ProxyPassReverse /
         # some WebDAV clients (such as ordinary browsers) are unhappy
with the
         # cookies sent out by the internal server, so we "rewrite" the
host and
         # the used path to the correct, external representation
         ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain myserver.rqc.ru localhost
         ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /myserver.rqc.ru/ /
     </Location>

</VirtualHost>

Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV reverse proxy SLOW

Posted by Marat Khalili <mk...@rqc.ru>.
Problems solved, under Windows 8 you need to listen to localhost IPv6
address as well.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili