Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org> on 2015/06/18 13:46:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.9.0 (release-0.9.0-rc4)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Flink version
0.9.0.

The commit to be voted on:
0a35271dba4675311eb3094d8669a876efd285a9

Branch:
release-0.9.0-rc4 (
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/flink/?p=flink.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release-0.9.0-rc4
)

The release artifacts to be voted on can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~mxm/flink-0.9.0-rc4/

Release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint C2909CBF:
http://www.apache.org/dist/flink/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1042

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Flink 0.9.0.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

The vote ends on Tuesday (June 23, 2015).

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Flink 0.9.0

The following commits have been added since the last release candidate
(release-0.9.0-rc3):

61f17f8 [core] Fix typo in DataSinkTask error message
d47405b [streaming] Fix out-of-sync class-level docs of SourceFunction
bbd08f3 Revert "[FLINK-2203] handling null values for RowSerializer"
d6ad294 Revert "[FLINK-2210] Table API support for aggregation on columns
with null values"

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.9.0 (release-0.9.0-rc4)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
No worries! Thanks for @Stephan for catching it =)

- Henry

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Dear Flink community,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.9.0 (release-0.9.0-rc4)

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1

- Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
- Read the readme.md
- Checked signature and checksums
- Built from sources
- Tested all examples in cluster mode
- Tested all examples in yarn mode
- Tested single yarn session per job
- Tested web-client job submission
- Tested WordCount with HDFS input
- Tested ./bin/flink info and -p option
- Tested plan visualization

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Signature file look good

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
+1
I tested each of the previous RCs, as can be read in our Google Doc release
documents.

Now, I also ran tests with Kafka/Checkpointing on a GCE cluster.
Checkpoints are correctly restored when a Job fails. I killed task
managers, the job restarted and checkpoints were restored. I killed Kafka
Brokers. The KafkaSource correctly switches to another broker for reading.
The KafkaSink fails when the Kafka Broker that it writes to is killed. The
Job is restarted when this happens and resumes writing to a different
broker.

(In all of this I used the HDFS backend for checkpoints.)

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
+1

md5 sum checked
started flink on yarn on ms azure (4 containers, 80 slots each (just
testing ;) )), running different examples:
kmeans, cc, wc with different parallelisms / slot configs.
Max email address in KEYS (you forgot to put "(CODE SIGNING KEY)" to your
name, but that should not be an issue)
Quickstarts checked

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
+1