Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@dingle.myra.com> on 2000/07/20 01:07:11 UTC

Root element must be root, not default FO : What am I missing?

Hello All!

I think I'm missing something obvious here.  I've CVS checkout'd the
latest FOP and successfully built it (using build.sh) with
Xerces 1.1.2 and Xalan 1.1.

I am using Cocoon 1.7.4 (hopefully this list is the right place to
be posting this message ... if not, my apologies!) and have been
using it successfully with Xerces 1.1.2 and Xalan 1.1 but with FOP 0.12.1
I thought I'd now try using the latest FOP.

Now, I took the examples from the doc/examples directory and am trying
to get at them via Cocoon.  To the top of the border.fo example I've added

 <?xml version="1.0"?>
 <?cocoon-format type="text/xslfo"?>

NOTE that the root element in the border.fo example is:

which is using the correct URI for the FO namespace (I believe).  When I grab
the page thru Cocoon I get the following exception being thrown:

org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Root element must be root, not default FO
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java:42)
              at org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException.(FOPException.java:64)
              at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.formatter.FO2PDFFormatter.format(FO2PDFForma
tter.java:83)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnectio
n.java:317)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Am I missing something really obvious here??

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"Hmmm.  They have the Internet on computers now!"