Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by "Zhang, Liyun" <li...@intel.com> on 2017/09/30 03:49:23 UTC

Anyone knows to use which command to regenerate the q*out files?

Hi all:
Anyone knows to use which command to regenerate the q*out files ?

I have tried "mvn clean test -Dtest=TestCliDriver -Dtest.output.overwrite=true"  but seems not work.

Appreciate to get some suggestion from you!

Best Regards
Kelly Zhang/Zhang,Liyun

Re: Anyone knows to use which command to regenerate the q*out files?

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> Currently I saw many unit test failures in https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/7056/consoleFull about following

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveDeveloperFAQ#HiveDeveloperFAQ-HowdoIupdatetheresultsofmanytestcases?

That chunk of python script is what I end up using, instead of running all the test overwrites (which takes approx. 24 hours on my laptop).

Cheers,
Gopal

RE: Anyone knows to use which command to regenerate the q*out files?

Posted by "Zhang, Liyun" <li...@intel.com>.
Hi Prasanth:
  Thanks for reply, I mean regenerate all the q*out . Jenkins shows that  a lot unit test failures

Currently I saw many unit test failures in https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HIVE-Build/7056/consoleFull about following

TestAccumuloCliDriver
TestBeeLineDriver
TestBlobstoreCliDriver
TestCliDriver
TestContribCliDriver

So I need to execute following command for every TestXXXX?

mvn clean test -Dtest= ${TestXXX} -Dtest.output.overwrite=true  # I found that if you don't specify the -Dfile, it will execute all the test included in the TestXXX

Best Regards
Kelly Zhang/Zhang,Liyun

Try running it from itests or itests/qtest directory.

mvn clean test -Dtest=TestCliDriver -Dqfile=testfilename.q -Dtest.output.overwrite=true

should work.

Thanks
Prasanth

Hi all: