Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jon Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/30 19:41:54 UTC

beta15 breaks GAE

hi

*beta15 breaks GAE*

ResourceTransformerFactoryImpl creates a File for the asset cache directory.
This breaks my app in GAE, since creating a new File is prohibited.

Is there a work around to this? Can I turn off the server side asset (File)
cache?

Re: beta15 breaks GAE

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I've added a new symbol to control this behavior, so that you can have it
for development, but be safe in production.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship

Re: beta15 breaks GAE

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.

Re: beta15 breaks GAE

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Please raise a jira, it looks like the cache is only used in development
mode but still references File in production (thus breaking GAE). Perhaps a
proper fix will involve a pluggable cache which does nothing in production
mode.

As a workaround you can override the ResourceTransformerFactory via ioc
with an implementation that doesn't reference java.io.File. Most likely a
copy/paste/tweak of the current version.

Re: beta15 breaks GAE

Posted by Jon Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
java.io.File
is the culprit