Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Paul G. Weiss" <PG...@arity.com> on 2000/04/11 13:49:57 UTC

Apache::GzipChain

I was playing around with this module and got strange
results (both with MSIE 5.0 and Netscape 4.6).  The
output is being sent chunked and when I do "view source"
it appears that the browsers have not received the
complete page.  I suspect that they are only reading
up to the first "chunk".

When I use lwp-download to read the page and then run
the contents (without the headers) through gunzip then
the complete page is indeed there.

Is there something to using this module that I'm missing?
Is there a way to force Apache to use Apache::GzipChain
but not chunk the output?

-P

Re: Apache::GzipChain

Posted by Rick Myers <ri...@sumthin.nu>.
On Apr 11, 2000 at 07:49:57 -0400, Paul G. Weiss twiddled the keys to say:
> I was playing around with this module and got strange
> results (both with MSIE 5.0 and Netscape 4.6).  The
> output is being sent chunked and when I do "view source"
> it appears that the browsers have not received the
> complete page.  I suspect that they are only reading
> up to the first "chunk".

Your suspicion is correct. The problem however lies in whatever module
your using to feed GzipChain. In my case it was Apache::PassFile, which
sends in 16k chunks. Apache::PassHtml looks like it suffers from a
similar problem, but I've not tried it.

Rick Myers                            rik@sumthin.nu
The Feynman Problem       1) Write down the problem.
Solving Algorithm         2) Think real hard.
                          3) Write down the answer.