Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 16:46:42 UTC

[JCI] Working on JCI

I'd quite like to work on JCI - any objections to adding myself?

If theres a preference for me to start off submiting Jira tickets
rather than directly committing I don't have a problem with that.
Since I only just started looking at the code I wouldn't commit any
significant changes without discussion first - probably look at
improving docs/examples and any bug fixes that come up to begin with.

The one thing thats doing my head in ATM when reading the source are
the tab characters which are a bit inconsistent (plus I don't like
them generally anyway). Would there be any objections to me removing
all tabs from the source (either before or after the 1.0 release)?

Niall

Re: [JCI] Working on JCI

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 19.04.2007, at 16:46, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> I'd quite like to work on JCI - any objections to adding myself?

Of course not ...sure - go ahead!

> If theres a preference for me to start off submiting Jira tickets
> rather than directly committing I don't have a problem with that.
> Since I only just started looking at the code I wouldn't commit any
> significant changes without discussion first - probably look at
> improving docs/examples and any bug fixes that come up to begin with.

As I want to get out the 1.0 version - that would be good :)

> The one thing thats doing my head in ATM when reading the source are
> the tab characters which are a bit inconsistent (plus I don't like
> them generally anyway). Would there be any objections to me removing
> all tabs from the source (either before or after the 1.0 release)?

Yes - they must have sneaked in. I hate tabs:)

cheers
--
Torsten