Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/13 02:51:54 UTC

relativePath not working

Hi, I'm using mvn 2.0.6

I have a simple structure

parent_project
    ----sub_project
       ----pom.xml

parent_project has this:

    <groupId>my.org</groupId>
    <artifactId>parent</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>pom</packaging>

sub_project has this:

    <parent>
        <groupId>my.org</groupId>
        <artifactId>parent</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>
    <groupId>my.org</groupId>
    <artifactId>sub</artifactId>
    <packaging>pom</packaging>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

anytime i issue any mvn command in the sub_project dir, i get:
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent: etc...

how can i get relativePath to work?

thx,
davis

Re: relativePath not working

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Ah, yes :-) Thanks for pointing that out...then I guess the proper issue is
[1] :-)

Thanks,
Franz

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2318