Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KG S <kg...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/08 05:57:32 UTC

solrnet + stemming issue

Hi,

I am using SoLR 4.2.1 since many years. I am using test_search field for
free text search an its definition is as below in schema.xml.

Recently I introduced a new issue in free text search in my site. When I
search for "saks" it gives me result for those documents which have word
"sak" but don't show result for those document which have word "saks". I
assume that this sak is not actually singular word for saks and saks is
also not plural for sak, this is only one sentence like "saks fifth avenue"
like this in document. So I get this issue due to stemming.

So can you please give me some solution to solve this issue?

<fieldType name="text_search" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
<analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
</analyzer>
<analyzer type="query">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true" />
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
<!-- <filter class="solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory" /> -->
<!-- <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/> -->
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" />

</analyzer>
</fieldType>

Waiting for reply desperately.

Thanks,
KG

Re: solrnet + stemming issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Two things to try. First, if you changed the analysis chain, did you
reindex?

Second, what does the admin/analysis page show?

Ok, there's a third, what does it show when you add &debug=query as the
parsed query?

Best,
Erick