Posted to commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/04/14 12:19:53 UTC

[Lucene-java Wiki] Update of "JavaBugs" by UweSchindler

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-java Wiki" for change notification.

The "JavaBugs" page has been changed by UweSchindler:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/JavaBugs?action=diff&rev1=16&rev2=17

+ = Java Bugs in various JVMs affecting Lucene / Solr =
- ## page was renamed from SunJavaBugs
- = Oracle/Sun Java Bugs =

- Sometimes Lucene runs amok of bugs in Oracle's / Sun's Java implementation.  In
+ Sometimes Lucene runs amok of bugs in JVM implementations from different vendors.  In
  certain cases we whittle it down to a small test case, open an issue
- with Oracle, and hopefully Oracle fixes it.  In other cases we know the bug
+ with the vendor, and hopefully it gets fixed.  In other cases we know the bug
- is in the JRE but we haven't narrowed it enough to open a bug with
+ is in the JVM but we haven't narrowed it enough to open a bug with
  Sun.  Sometimes we can work out a simple workaround in Lucene.
+
+ <<TableOfContents>>
+
+ == Oracle / Sun / OpenJDK Java Bugs ==

  We try to open a Lucene mirror bug to provide details on how Lucene is
  affected, iterate on a compact test case, etc.