Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vaishakhi Ajmera <va...@ardec.com> on 2002/04/19 22:31:50 UTC

What should be the location of the webservice

I have made a webservice using instant deployment.
When I put the webservice under my application usermgr i.e webapps/usermgr
directory I am not able to get the webservice working. I always get a
Document root element missing error. But if I put my webservice under
webapps/axis it works.

What does this mean. Do my webservices always have to be under the axis web
application directory.
How do I make my service work from under my project directory.

Thanks
Vaishakhi
Posted by Andrew Vardeman <an...@iastate.edu>.
Vaishakhi,

presumably you can use axis in any web app provided you install all the
axis .jar files in the WEB-INF/lib directory and configure things properly
with the web.xml file.

That's all I know.

Andrew