Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ESGLinux <es...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/20 17:30:30 UTC

Question about HA and Federation

Hi All,

I´m going to test a hadoop cluster and I have a doubt about HA and
Federation.

With federation I Have a NameNode per namespace and with HA I have an
Active NameNode and a standby NameNode.

so, as I have sevaral namespaces, do I need an Active NameNode and a
standby nameNode per namespace?

I have read this documentation but It´s not clear for me :-(

https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/Introduction+to+Hadoop+High+Availability
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/Federation.html

Thanks in advance

ESGLinux

Re: Question about HA and Federation

Posted by ESGLinux <es...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harsh J.

first point checked (decide what to do) now I have to do it ;-)

Kind regards,

ESGLinux

Posted by ESGLinux <es...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harsh J.