Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/24 18:13:57 UTC

Adding svn revision info to jar MANIFEST files

How difficult would it be to add svn revision info to the jar MANIFEST
files when they're built using maven?   Seems like this would be
really useful information for version control issues.

Re: Adding svn revision info to jar MANIFEST files

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org>.
commons is doing something like that

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html#checkjarmanifest

but with maven 1 - I'm sure we could get it to work with maven 2

And of course someone else has already gotten on the ball and built a
plugin...

http://commons.ucalgary.ca/projects/maven-buildnumber-plugin/

Needs SCM snapshot from SVN to work though.

TTFN,

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org
Wadi - incubator.apache.org/wadi