Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "G.L. Grobe" <ga...@grobe.org> on 2001/03/25 03:10:19 UTC

init'ing session beans in an Action

I finally have my struts tags working. Next step. My app has jsp pages that
populate ActionForms. I now have to populate my entity beans, but one step
at a time, so I'm trying to instantiate session beans from my Action classes
(which will later operate on the entity beans) and I'm not sure how this is
done. I thought that the JNDI init context stuff would go in the init()
method of a servlet, but with Actions, not sure if this is correct as I
couldnt' override the init() method. Or should my action class be extending
from ActionServlet instead of Action?

Any help much appreciated.