Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2005/03/02 15:04:48 UTC

[axis2] enabling logging on server side?

hi,

i was trying samples with the latest  code from SVN - when deploying to
already deployed axis2 my firefox 1.0 (windows xp sp2 latest, JDK 1.4.2)
crashed :(

i wonder if i can get somehow logging configured to see what is
happening on service side during deployment ?

thanks,

alek

ps. as i have mentioned on irc AXIS_HOME is a bit confusing name (i
would assume it is AXIS source tree location) and instead it is really
AXIS2_WEBAPP (and samples/build.xml depends on AXIS_HOME/WEB-INF both
for compiling and deployment ...)

Re: [axis2] enabling logging on server side?

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi alek,
Follow these steps to enable logging

You will find 2 config files in the Axis2/WEB-INF/classes folder
in the commons-logging.properties file
uncomment the following line (if not uncommented already)

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

then in the log4j.properties file change the log level to info.

Axis.log file is created in the current dir. If you use the tomcat
startup batch file then it probably will be the tomcat bin dir

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu