Posted to user@spark.apache.org by jsabin <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/13 00:41:47 UTC

Java Custom Receiver onStart method never called

I create a Java custom receiver and then call

ssc.receiverStream(new MyReceiver("localhost", 8081)); // where ssc is the
JavaStreamingContext

I am expecting that the receiver's onStart method gets called but it does
not.

Can anyone give me some guidance? What am I not doing?

Here's the dependency info:
<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.spark</groupId>
            <artifactId>spark-streaming_2.10</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0</version>
 </dependency>

Thanks for your help

Re: Java Custom Receiver onStart method never called

Posted by jsabin <je...@gmail.com>.
I just forgot to call start on the context.

Works now.