Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/07/19 19:03:27 UTC

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

On Jul 19, 2005, at 7:06 AM, sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> Can everyone please check that any work they are planning on doing
> for the M4 release is listed when you view the open issues for the
> 1.0-M4 version, so we don't have any last minute surprises.

I pulled down the list of outstanding issues for M4:

GERONIMO-518    Deploying Struts app fails on Logging ClassCastException
GERONIMO-664    Tomcat need webservices integrated
GERONIMO-746    Move from commons_discovery SNAPSHOT to formal version
GERONIMO-741    Move from ActiveIO 1.0 to ActiveIO 1.1
GERONIMO-740    Move from ActiveMQ 3.1-SNAPSHOT to a formal release
GERONIMO-755    Move from Scout (JAXR) version 1.0-SNAPSHOT to a
formal version
GERONIMO-756    Move ServiceMix from 1.0-SNAPSHOT to a formal or
dated/versioned release for Geronimo M4
GERONIMO-757    Move from jUDDI SNAPSHOT to formal version
GERONIMO-745    Move from Axis 1.3-SNAPSHOT to formal version
GERONIMO-760    Move tmporb SNAPSHOT dependency to a dated version in
M4 Geronimo & OpenEJB branches
GERONIMO-728    Jetty gives misleading NPE on "port in use" condition
GERONIMO-772    Move OpenEJB from jelly velocity tags SNAPSHOT to
version 1.0
GERONIMO-771    Move from custom cglib build version HEAD-06-06-05 to
cglib-nodep-2.1_2.jar

In that list, these are the only two non-dependency related items:
GERONIMO-664    Tomcat need webservices integrated
GERONIMO-728    Jetty gives misleading NPE on "port in use" condition

Could I humbly submit that GERONIMO-664 is a new feature that could
simply be documented as not working for M4?

We could probably get the dependencies cleared up today and the CTS
testing started and (knocking on wood) the release out by the end of
the week.

-David

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
GERONIMO-763 too.

Jeff

David Jencks wrote:
> what is the proper use of Jira for defects that occur in multiple
> branches/releases?  There are at least 2 issues fixed in head that need
> to be backported
>
> GERONIMO-645
> GERONIMO-768
>
> Also, I suggest that anyone changing a dependency version in M4 should
> do the same in head at the same time.  vice versa I'm less concerned about
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> On Jul 19, 2005, at 10:03 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> On Jul 19, 2005, at 7:06 AM, sissonj@insession.com wrote:
>>

>>> Can everyone please check that any work they are planning on doing
>>> for the M4 release is listed when you view the open issues for the
>>> 1.0-M4 version, so we don't have any last minute surprises.
>>>

>> I pulled down the list of outstanding issues for M4:
>>
>> GERONIMO-518    Deploying Struts app fails on Logging ClassCastException
>> GERONIMO-664    Tomcat need webservices integrated
>> GERONIMO-746    Move from commons_discovery SNAPSHOT to formal version
>> GERONIMO-741    Move from ActiveIO 1.0 to ActiveIO 1.1
>> GERONIMO-740    Move from ActiveMQ 3.1-SNAPSHOT to a formal release
>> GERONIMO-755    Move from Scout (JAXR) version 1.0-SNAPSHOT to a
>> formal version
>> GERONIMO-756    Move ServiceMix from 1.0-SNAPSHOT to a formal or
>> dated/versioned release for Geronimo M4
>> GERONIMO-757    Move from jUDDI SNAPSHOT to formal version
>> GERONIMO-745    Move from Axis 1.3-SNAPSHOT to formal version
>> GERONIMO-760    Move tmporb SNAPSHOT dependency to a dated version in
>> M4 Geronimo & OpenEJB branches
>> GERONIMO-728    Jetty gives misleading NPE on "port in use" condition
>> GERONIMO-772    Move OpenEJB from jelly velocity tags SNAPSHOT to
>> version 1.0
>> GERONIMO-771    Move from custom cglib build version HEAD-06-06-05 to
>> cglib-nodep-2.1_2.jar
>>
>> In that list, these are the only two non-dependency related items:
>> GERONIMO-664    Tomcat need webservices integrated
>> GERONIMO-728    Jetty gives misleading NPE on "port in use" condition
>>
>> Could I humbly submit that GERONIMO-664 is a new feature that could
>> simply be documented as not working for M4?
>>
>> We could probably get the dependencies cleared up today and the CTS
>> testing started and (knocking on wood) the release out by the end of
>> the week.
>>
>> -David

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

Posted by si...@insession.com.
Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> wrote on 20/07/2005 11:58:52 AM:

> On Jul 19, 2005, at 10:24 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
> > what is the proper use of Jira for defects that occur in multiple
> > branches/releases?  There are at least 2 issues fixed in head that
> > need to be backported
>
> If the fix is back ported, I would say you just set the fixed number
> to M4.  Once M4 is released it will appear as if it were originally
> fixed in M4 and simply carried into M5+.

In taking that approach, those issues that have been fixed in head should
not be closed until they have been backported, so it is easily visible
that that work needs to be done.  So currently it seems some issues need
to be reopened.

The problem I see with that approach is that from the lists in JIRA it
will not be obvious that the work has been completed in HEAD since the one
issue (kept open) is being used for the two versions.

my 0.02c

John

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

Posted by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com>.
sissonj@insession.com wrote:

>David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote on 20/07/2005 03:03:27 AM:
>

>>On Jul 19, 2005, at 7:06 AM, sissonj@insession.com wrote:
>>

>>>Can everyone please check that any work they are planning on doing
>>>for the M4 release is listed when you view the open issues for the
>>>1.0-M4 version, so we don't have any last minute surprises.
>>>

>>I pulled down the list of outstanding issues for M4:
>>
>>GERONIMO-518    Deploying Struts app fails on Logging ClassCastException
>>GERONIMO-664    Tomcat need webservices integrated
>>GERONIMO-746    Move from commons_discovery SNAPSHOT to formal version
>>GERONIMO-741    Move from ActiveIO 1.0 to ActiveIO 1.1
>>GERONIMO-740    Move from ActiveMQ 3.1-SNAPSHOT to a formal release
>>GERONIMO-755    Move from Scout (JAXR) version 1.0-SNAPSHOT to a
>>formal version
>>GERONIMO-756    Move ServiceMix from 1.0-SNAPSHOT to a formal or
>>dated/versioned release for Geronimo M4
>>GERONIMO-757    Move from jUDDI SNAPSHOT to formal version
>>GERONIMO-745    Move from Axis 1.3-SNAPSHOT to formal version
>>GERONIMO-760    Move tmporb SNAPSHOT dependency to a dated version in
>>M4 Geronimo & OpenEJB branches
>>GERONIMO-728    Jetty gives misleading NPE on "port in use" condition
>>GERONIMO-772    Move OpenEJB from jelly velocity tags SNAPSHOT to
>>version 1.0
>>GERONIMO-771    Move from custom cglib build version HEAD-06-06-05 to
>>cglib-nodep-2.1_2.jar
>>
>>In that list, these are the only two non-dependency related items:
>>GERONIMO-664    Tomcat need webservices integrated
>>GERONIMO-728    Jetty gives misleading NPE on "port in use" condition
>>
>>Could I humbly submit that GERONIMO-664 is a new feature that could
>>simply be documented as not working for M4?
>>
>>We could probably get the dependencies cleared up today and the CTS
>>testing started and (knocking on wood) the release out by the end of
>>the week.
>>
>>-David
>>

>Should GERONIMO-664 be updated to have M5 as the fixed version, since the
>if it is not working, it is not finished?
>
>I will update GERONIMO-728 to aim for M5, and see if we can get an updated
>Jetty release with it fixed by then, if not M5 then 1.0.
>
>John

Can someone please have a look into GERONIMO-785 which I find really
annoying and it destroys the new server startup screen :-). I think
users won't understand why this error happens... Would be nice to have
this fixed in M4.

Stefan

Re: Outstanding tasks for M4

Posted by si...@insession.com.