Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Schout <ms...@gkg.net> on 2002/07/24 20:30:18 UTC

Attribute Handlers under mod_perl again

Hi everyone.

I've revisited using Attribute::Handlers work under mod perl again, and I am
still unsuccesful.

Looking at Attribute::Handlers, it appears that Attribute::Handlers relies
on CHECK blocks to do its work.  I verified this by uncommenting one of the
debugging warnings in Handlers.pm and compiling a module that uses
Attribute::Profiled on the command line.  When I do this I see:

Handling Profiled on CODE(0x8a6cda0) in CHECK with []

But when running the module under mod_perl, the above warning never appears int
he error log.

accroding to this message:

 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=96639978528467&w=2

mod_perl does not, and can not, support CHECK blocks at all, so this is sort of
what I would expect.

Given that, I'm curious how anyone has gotten Attribute::Handlers to work under
mod_perl.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm running perl 5.6.1, mod_perl 1.27,
apache 1.3.27, Attribute::Handlers 0.77.

Mike