Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Shawn R. Beairsto" <sb...@dkl.com> on 2005/05/26 15:56:40 UTC

MISSING_SUBJECT always firing

Hi everyone,

I'm running SA 3.02 for a few weeks now together with amavisd-new-20030616 and it seems that MISSING_SUBJECT is firing on every mail even if there is a Subject: header and it's not empty. Has anyone experienced this problem or have an idea whats going on? I've googled around some, but not found much.

--
Shawn Beairsto
Network Administrator

Re: MISSING_SUBJECT always firing

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 09:56 AM 5/26/2005, Shawn R. Beairsto wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm running SA 3.02 for a few weeks now together with amavisd-new-20030616
>and it seems that MISSING_SUBJECT is firing on every mail even if there is
>a Subject: header and it's not empty. Has anyone experienced this problem
>or have an idea whats going on? I've googled around some, but not found much.

That sounds like SA is getting garbled input and thinks the headers end
earlier than they do, and thus interprets some of the headers as being part
of the body. Check for an extra end-of-line in the headers.

You can also use a rule like this to confirm this is happening:

body L_BODY_SUB /\bSubject\:/i
score L_BODY_SUB        -0.01
describe L_BODY_SUB  body contains subject line

Of course, that WILL match any bounce message, but it shouldn't match most
normal messages.