Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lukewpatterson <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 00:49:55 UTC

xmltask-equivalant Maven plugin

Does anyone know of a Maven plugin which provides functionality similar to
the "xmltask" [1] Ant Task?

"
Uses include:
    * modifying configuration files for applications during builds
"

usage example:
original file, src/blah.xml:
  <blah>
    <name></name>
  </blah>
inserting the "name"
  <xmltask source="src/blah.xml" dest="target/blah.xml">
    <insert path="/blah/name" xml="Tiger"/>
  </xmltask>
which results in:
  <blah>
    <name>Tiger</name>
  </blah>

If there isn't a direct Maven plugin, I'll try wrapping in a
maven-antrun-plugin call.  The only problem then is that xmltask isn't in
central.  I logged an enhancement request [2] for that issue.

Thanks,

Luke

[1] http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2914839&group_id=27398&atid=390338

Re: xmltask-equivalant Maven plugin

Posted by lukewpatterson <lu...@gmail.com>.

Stephen Connolly-2 wrote:

> perhaps versions-maven-plugin can help. (depends on what you want to edit)

Stephen, my use-case is that I rely on some plugins which are configured
exclusively via xml files, and I want to move the
creation/documentation/source of the configuration to the pom.  In other
cases, I want to append project-specific configuration to files retrieved
from the parent pom's actions.

Re: xmltask-equivalant Maven plugin

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lukewpatterson <lu...@gmail.com>.