Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com> on 2016/11/14 22:16:19 UTC

Kafka 0.10 Monitoring tool

Hi there,
What is the best open source tool for Kafka monitoring mainly to check the offset lag. We tried the following tools:

1.       Burrow

2.       KafkaOffsetMonitor

3.       Prometheus and Grafana

4.       Kafka Manager

But nothing is working perfectly. Please help us on this.

Thanks
Achintya

RE: Kafka 0.10 Monitoring tool

Posted by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com>.
But we see the below error:

[2016-11-15 17:25:57,240] WARN Bootstrap broker host1:61616 disconnected (org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient)
Error while executing consumer group command Request GROUP_COORDINATOR failed on brokers List(host1:61616 (id: -1 rack: null))
java.lang.RuntimeException: Request GROUP_COORDINATOR failed on brokers List(psaq1-wc.sys.comcast.net:61616 (id: -1 rack: null))
        at kafka.admin.AdminClient.sendAnyNode(AdminClient.scala:67)
        at kafka.admin.AdminClient.findCoordinator(AdminClient.scala:72)
        at kafka.admin.AdminClient.describeGroup(AdminClient.scala:125)
        at kafka.admin.AdminClient.describeConsumerGroup(AdminClient.scala:147)
        at kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand$KafkaConsumerGroupService.describeGroup(ConsumerGroupCommand.scala:315)
        at kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand$ConsumerGroupService$class.describe(ConsumerGroupCommand.scala:86)
        at kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand$KafkaConsumerGroupService.describe(ConsumerGroupCommand.scala:303)
        at kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand$.main(ConsumerGroupCommand.scala:65)
        at kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand.main(ConsumerGroupCommand.scala)

Posted by Vincent Dautremont <vi...@olamobile.com>.
on my side I've seen this kind of error while using* ./kafka-consumer-groups.sh
--new-consumer*
from* kafka_2.11-0.10.1.0/bin *on a kafka cluster that was from a pre*
10.1.0 *version

Error while executing consumer group command Request GROUP_COORDINATOR
> failed on brokers List(kazoo002.olaasia.prv:9092 (id: -1 rack: null))

perhaps make sure you use the same tool version as thw one of the cluster
you are querying ... ?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor) <
Achintya_Ghosh@comcast.com> wrote:

> But most of the time I get this error:
>
> Error while executing consumer group command null
> org.apache.kafka.common.errors.DisconnectException
>
> Any help is appreciable?
>

> Thanks
> Achintya

computer.

RE: Kafka 0.10 Monitoring tool

Posted by Vincent Dautremont <vi...@olamobile.com>.

wrote:

> If the consumer group is rebalancing or not consuming then it won't produce
> an output.
>
> __
>
> Sam Pegler
>
> PRODUCTION ENGINEER
>
> T. +44(0) 07 562 867 486
>
> <http://www.infectiousmedia.com/>
> 3-7 Herbal Hill / London / EC1R 5EJ
> www.infectiousmedia.com
>
> This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged.
> If you
> are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and
> do not
> disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store,
> or copy
> the information in any medium. Please also destroy and delete the message
> from
> your computer.
>

> On 15 November 2016 at 15:30, Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor) <
> Achintya_Ghosh@comcast.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, we tried with this command but the problem is it does not return the
> > output always. It's really weird. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
> Any
> > idea what could be the wrong?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Achintya