Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Roland Landertshamer <rl...@gup.jku.at> on 2007/08/22 13:14:10 UTC

Problems building SVN version

Hello,

I'm new to Axis2/C and wanted to install the current SVN version (revision
568555) on a Gentoo Linux machine. When i try to build it i get the following
error:

Making all in platforms/unix
make[5]: Entering directory `/var/edutain/axis2c-SVN/util/src/platforms/unix'
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I../../../include -I../../../include/platforms -I../../../include/platforms/unix    -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -ansi -Wall -Wno-implicit-function-declaration -Werror  -MT
uuid_gen_unix.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/uuid_gen_unix.Tpo -c -o uuid_gen_unix.lo
uuid_gen_unix.c
mkdir .libs

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I../../../include -I../../../include/platforms -I../../../include/platforms/unix -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -ansi -Wall -Wno-implicit-function-declaration -Werror -MT
uuid_gen_unix.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/uuid_gen_unix.Tpo -c
uuid_gen_unix.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/uuid_gen_unix.o
uuid_gen_unix.c: In function 'axutil_uuid_get_mac_addr':
uuid_gen_unix.c:216: error: storage size of 'ifr' isn't known
uuid_gen_unix.c:218: error: storage size of 'ifc' isn't known
uuid_gen_unix.c:234: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete
type 'struct ifreq'
uuid_gen_unix.c:234: error: increment of pointer to unknown structure
uuid_gen_unix.c:234: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
uuid_gen_unix.c:236: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
uuid_gen_unix.c:240: error: 'IFF_LOOPBACK' undeclared (first use in this
function)
uuid_gen_unix.c:240: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
uuid_gen_unix.c:240: error: for each function it appears in.)
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
uuid_gen_unix.c:218: warning: unused variable 'ifc'
uuid_gen_unix.c:216: warning: unused variable 'ifr'
make[5]: *** [uuid_gen_unix.lo] Error 1

I already checked the dependencies, there should be no problem with that:
> Autoconf 2.59 or higher
=autoconf 2.61
> Automake 1.9 or higher
=automake 1.10
> Aclocal 1.9 or higher
=aclocal 1.10
> libtool 1.9 or higher
=libtool 1.5.23b
> libxml2-dev
=libxml2 2.6.28
> zlib1g-dev
=zlib 1.2.3-r1
> pkg-config
=pkg-config 0.21

I'm building with build.sh.
It seems that the file /usr/include/linux/if.h is causing the problem.

Any ideas why this error occurs or how i can fix that?

Thanks in advance

Roland

Re: Problems building SVN version

Posted by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 8/27/07, Roland Landertshamer <rl...@gup.jku.at> wrote:

> I downgraded the linux-headers now from version 2.6.21 to version 2.6.17 and
> it compiles now. Maybe the developers could have a look at this problem since
> i (and maybe other users) would prefer the newer headers.

Sure.  Will look into it.

> Thanks again for you help!

You're welcome.

Bye,

    -Chintana

--
http://trevet.blogspot.com/

Re: Problems building SVN version

Posted by Roland Landertshamer <rl...@gup.jku.at>.
Hello,

I downgraded the linux-headers now from version 2.6.21 to version 2.6.17 and
it compiles now. Maybe the developers could have a look at this problem since
i (and maybe other users) would prefer the newer headers.
Thanks again for you help!

Regards,
  Roland

Posted by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com>.