Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2002/10/14 17:47:12 UTC

Tests

I've moved the o.a.j.testing package into a new subdir of jakarta-james "tests"
tests contains a build.xml which if invoked with "ant" will compile the tests, and run them, although I've only got EndToEnd specified at the moment.

it needs you to have Ant installed, not the ant thats in James cvs as we will remove this after this release anyway.

Not quite sure how to make one build.xml invoke another build, but if I figure it out I'll either add testing as a target to the main build or building as a target to the testing build.

Please dig in and make this useful.

d.

Re: Tests

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
Hey Danny,
I want to pass an XML file to my tests. This test file controls test
configuration, for example hostname, from address, number of threads,
iterations etc.
Where should xml config files sit ? Should there be a conf dir under tests ?

Harmeet

RE: Tests

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Danny,

Nice work.  I'll have to install ANT to use it, but thanks for doing this.
:-)

	--- Noel